Welcome to The Australian Canyoning Association!
The 2019-2020 Australian summer has delivered very testing times with devastating bush-fires followed by heavy rainfalls. The canyoning community and the association were hoping for increasing activity over the winter leading towards summer. But this was stifled by government mandated restrictions on travel and group activities due to Covid 19. Some of our popular canyoning areas have been and still are closed due to the damage caused, and ongoing risks associated with these events. But activity is slowly increasing and the environment is fighting back.
The Australian Canyoning Association is working on a number of initiatives currently and in the future. These include:
- A regular activity program including:
- skills workshops.
- social days.
- online interactive content.
- canyon care days.
- Liaise with the NPWS and other authorities to resolve access, environmental, and safety issues in canyons.
- Canyon care initiatives in conjunction with the NPWS. This will include post bush-fire/flood hazard identification and rectification, anchor identification and replacement program, weed control, signage, track marking, and clean up days.
- Redeveloping and expanding our website with up to date content, information, and news about canyoning from all over Australia and around the world. This will include technical and location information.
We’d love some suggestions/input/feedback from our members and all Canyoners on what you think we should be doing. Please complete a short survey by clicking here.
We also need more volunteers to help achieve our objectives. You can help by providing content for our media, offering to either organise or run events, or just keep our canyons safe and clean.
Once again, we’d like to thank our sponsors for coming on board during past events, and all our members who have supported the Canyoning Association so far!