The Australian Canyoning Association aims to
- foster an appreciation for and co-operate to pursue safe, responsible canyoning and related activities.
- promote a code of ethics for canyoning.
- be the voice for the canyoning community.
- care for the environment.
The association plans to contribute to this by:
- liaison (including other associations, relevant authorities, and landholders).
- assisting practically in caring for canyoning related environments (for example, working with relevant authorities, arranging working bees for the purpose of anchor maintenance, track maintenance and bushcare).
- developing and maintaining a recommended guide for safe and responsible canyoning (including guidelines for canyon leaders).
- arranging workshops for the development of safe and responsible canyoning skills (including safe anchors, rigging options, knots for canyoning, and equipment).
- maintaining a link with international canyoning bodies.
- developing and maintaining a canyon registry, consistent with preserving the wilderness integrity of unpublished canyons.
- developing and promoting a consistent method of canyon grading.
Governance of The Australian Canyoning Association is specified by our Constitution, run by our committee, and assisted by our sub committees and volunteers.
The goals and governance of the Australian Canyoning Association are defined in the constitution.
Download your copy by clicking here.